Midnight Madness, a new modern musical, at the Wharton Institute in Berkeley Heights, NJ from July 20- August 6. A rollicking romp set in present-day Manhattan with politics in play. Based on A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the incumbent Republican Mayor of Manhattan, about to marry his Democratic opponent, finds himself in a fantastical conflict of events, involving two pairs of lost lovers, a troupe of amateur actors from Queens and a power outage in Manhattan, all mischievously manipulated by none other than Puck and the Fairies of Central Park. The result: a hilarious storyline of mistaken identities, comic confusion and sheer charm set to a glorious, original score.
PAST NJYT PRODUCTIONS
- 2017 – Midnight Madness (View photos)
- 2016 – Into The Woods (View photos)
- 2015 – Cabaret (View photos) (View Video)
- 2014 – Oklahoma! (View Photos) (View Video)
- 2013 – West Side Story (View Photos) (View Video) (Read Review)
- 2012 – Smokey Joe’s Cafe (View Photos) (View Video)
- 2011 – Kiss Me, Kate (View Photos) (View Video) (Read review)
- 2010 – Rent (View Photos) (View Video)
- 2009 – Sweeney Todd (View Photos) (View Video) (Read review)
- 2008 – Midnight Madness (View Photo) (View Video)
- 2008 – 1776 (View Photos) (View Video) (Read review 1) (Read Review 2)
- 2007 – Carousel (View Photos) (View Video) (Read review)
- 2006 – Ragtime, The Musical (View Photos) (Read review)
- 2005 – Guys And Dolls (View Photos)
- 2004 – Anything Goes (View Photos)
- 2003 – West Side Story
- 2002 – South Pacific
- 2001 – Once On This Island
- 2000 – Brigadoon
- 1999 – Oliver!
- 1998 – Carousel
The above shows drew major critical acclaim and many were a box-office sellout. They all toured to professional theatres in the state and many played at the prestigious New Jersey Performing Arts Center.